Rock and tunnel construction
Tunnel construction includes the construction of cavities (tunnels, galleries, caverns and shafts) for the construction of civil engineering buildings (road, railway and subway tunnels, underground pumped-storage power plants) as well as the construction and operation of mines.
The terms cavity and tunnel construction include a wide range of tasks, in which geotechnical engineering is of vital importance within an interdisciplinary task force, however, it is not solely responsible for a project's success. Indeed, this has to do more with team performance.
In the framework of interdisciplinary cooperation we offer:
- expert reports for tunnel construction
- risk analyses and stability evaluation
- measurement concepts, instrumentation and monitoring
- photo-based 3D model creation of underground cavities
- rock-mechanical exploration