Testing technology, basic, model and field testing
Existing standards and guidelines are often not sufficient for solving special geotechnical problems. In many cases, the implemenation of small and large scale model and field tests is expedient in the scope of applications of existing products or procedures in new application areas. Likewise, comparatively cost-effective testing techniques are preferable to expensive ones for practical testing, in order to try some initial optimization.
In doing so, the testing techniques allow for a reproducable illustration of defined and constant boundary conditions, in contrast to field tests and, thus, they offer direct comparisons between different procedures and products.
We offer our long-term experience for testing concepts, execution, evaluation as well as implementation of results in practical work. The testing will be executed in cooperation with the Institute for Geotechnical Engineering of the Clausthal University of Technology. The following model testing stands will be available:
- pull-out test stand (1.6 m x 0.6 m x 0.3m)
- static / dynamic 1g load test stand (2m x 2m x 2m)
- static 1g vertical test stand (1.5m x 1.8m x 1.8m)
- small-scale test stand (static/dynamic)
- radial load test for geocell testing
- sag test stand for geocell testing